Scionwood Specifications, Availability, Process, Shipping, and Refunds
Scionwood: Our scionwood is harvested when they are dormant. Dormancy for hardwood cuttings normally begins in late December. Scionwood is first year wood. Scionwood will generally be around 3/16" in diameter but can range between 1/8” and 5/16”. It will be at least 8 to 10 inches long and should provide for at least two grafts. It is suitable for grafting onto a compatible tree or onto compatible rootstock. This is not a tree and will not root if planted.
Availability: Scionwood is normally stocked from early winter through early spring. Timing will vary. Please use the notification feature on each product page to be updated on stocking. Consider following Dingdong's Garden on Facebook for general updates along with announcements for new products.
Shipping: Hardwood cuttings are shipped within 1-2 business days by USPS First Class or Priority Mail. Estimated shipping times will be shown when you order. You will be provided a tracking number.
Postage is calculated based on estimated weight when you check out. Postage also varies by destination. A general estimate for shipping within the US per order is around $5-$7 USPS First Class and $8-$10 USPS Priority Mail.
We ship everything sealed in plastic using a 3"x3"x12" cardboard containers. First class shipping is available for orders under one pound (20-30 sticks). Priority mail shipping is available on orders of any weight. Priority Mail is only slightly faster than First Class Mail.
Our Process and Refunds:
- We are a licensed Washington State Nursery. We follow National Plant Board requirements for shipping of our nursery products. We only ship within the United States.
- Once trees reach dormancy, scionwood is harvested and stored at 37 degrees until the end of shipping season in April. If items are shown as being available in inventory, they are available to be shipped immediately.
- Scionwood is guaranteed to arrive in good condition. In the event that plant material is not viable or is damaged on arrival please contact us as soon as possible and we will issue a refund.
- Success in grafting and rooting can vary greatly so we can't provide refunds based on grafting and rooting success or failure. However, we keep our prices low to make buying more scionwood affordable. Having multiple grafts will increase the likelihood of success.
- If you have any questions about a product, please contact us before ordering.
- If you have any questions or comments, please let us know. We are always trying to improve our processes.
Best of luck in all your grafting adventures!