Hardwood Cutting Specifications, Availability, Process, Shipping, and Refunds
Hardwood Cuttings: Our hardwood cuttings are harvested when they are dormant. Dormancy for hardwood cuttings normally begins in early December. Cutting caliper, or thickness, will vary depending on the cultivar but we will try to make it greater than 3/8" for figs and willows and 5/16" or greater for mulberries. Cuttings will be at least 8 inches long and have at least three nodes. Hardwood cuttings can also be used for grafting onto suitable rootstock or existing trees. This is not a tree.
Availability: Hardwood cuttings are normally stocked from early December through April but timing will vary. Please use the notification feature on each product page to be updated on when varieties are available. Consider following Dingdong's Garden on Facebook for general updates along with announcements for new products.
Shipping: Hardwood cuttings are shipped within 1-2 business days by USPS First Class or Priority Mail. Estimated shipping times will be shown when you order. You will be provided a tracking number.
Postage is calculated based on estimated weight when you check out. Postage also varies by destination. A general estimate for shipping within the US per order is around $5-$7 USPS First Class and $8-$10 USPS Priority Mail.
We ship everything sealed in plastic using a 3"x3"x12" cardboard containers. First class shipping is available for orders under one pound (20-30 sticks). Priority mail shipping is available on orders of any weight. Priority Mail is only slightly faster than First Class Mail.
Our Process and Refunds:
- We are a licensed Washington State Nursery. We follow National Plant Board requirements for shipping of our nursery products. We only ship within the United States.
- Once trees reach dormancy, hardwood cuttings are harvested and stored at 37 deg until the end of shipping season in March. If items are shown as being available in inventory, they are available to be purchased and shipped immediately.
- Hardwood cuttings are guaranteed to arrive in good condition. In the event that plant material is not viable or is damaged on arrival please contact us as soon as possible and we will issue a refund for the cutting. We cannot refund shipping costs.
- Success in grafting and rooting can vary greatly so we cannot provide refunds based on grafting and rooting success or failure. However, we keep our prices low to make buying more hardwood cuttings affordable. Rooting multiple cuttings will increase the likelihood of success.
- If you have any questions about a product, please contact us before ordering.
- If you have any questions or comments, please let us know. We are always trying to improve.
Best of luck in all your grafting adventures!